Want to know how to treat strep throat naturally?
Strep throat is caused by streptococcus pyogenes bacteria which is predominant in kids.
Symptoms include severe throat pain and inflammation.
Usually antibiotics are taken to treat this infection but you can find more viable remedies in herbal treatment which can destroy the bacteria and actually stop it from reoccurring.
Here are natural treatments for strep throat you can try today..
1. Pure Natural Honey Works Wonders
Pure natural honey has excellent antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that will help get rid if your strep infection. Just consume honey frequently to see improvements.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) Is Potent
Apple cider vinegar will help destroy the bacteria causing the strep throat and the treatment is simple.
- Mix 8 ounces of warm water with 3 tablespoons of ACV.
- Gargle this mixture in the morning and before you go to bed.
- Within just half an hour after gargling you will notice improvements.
3. Rich Essential Oils Are Effective
You can get rid of strep infection because of their antibacterial properties. You can use cinnamon, thyme, lavender, lemongrass and lemon essential oil.
- Just mix about 5 drops of any of these essential oils with clean water.
- Put it in a saucepan and heat on a stove.
- Inhale the steam that is derived from the heated mixture.
- Do this for about 15 minutes and you can repeat this treatment until you get relief.
4. Take Vitamin C
Vitamin C is effective against strep throat. Make a tea with lemon drops and pure natural honey. You can take vitamin C tablets as well. In no time the inflammation and pain will be gone.
5. Use Cayenne Pepper
You can treat strep throat by mixing 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder with about 1/2 a cup of a carrier oil such as coconut oil or olive oil.