“Eyes frame the face and brows frame the eyes”. So, it is critical to have a smart eyebrow grooming strategy in order to amp up the brow game. While bolder brows are an important part of a perfect brow grooming strategy, eyebrow tinting is also very much in fashion these days. Whether your motto is to stay on fleek in between two eyebrow shaping sessions or you just want to convert your flat, thin brows into the arches of your dreams, tinting can come to your rescue always. We have come up with all necessary information related to eyebrow tinting right here, exclusively for YOU.
What Is Eyebrow Tinting?
Eyebrow tinting is a practice of coloring the eyebrow hairs with a semi-permanent vegetable or chemical dye (specifically formulated for this purpose). It is a simple process of altering or enhancing the natural color of eyebrows in order to improve their shape and thickness. You can either opt for a professional service at any spa / salon of your choice or do-it-yourself at home by purchasing a branded eyebrow tinting kit. It takes no longer than 30 minutes and the results last anywhere between 4 and 6 weeks.
Also Read – DIY: How to Shape Your Eyebrows With Tweezers
Why Should You Consider Eyebrow Tinting?
Now, the question is, why should we consider tinting our natural eyebrows? How could it actually benefit us? Does it really help in structuring our face? Well, here are the answers:
- Not everyone is blessed with thick, dark, bold eyebrows. Some even have pale, translucent hairs in their brows, which make them appear thin and flat. One might also end up losing her brow hair just by overplucking. Tinting is a life saver for such people. Coloring the eyebrows can give their arches a thicker, fuller and stronger look naturally.
- Tinting gives wonderful color payoff, which can influence our overall look to a great extent. Women with light-colored eyes can add a definition to their peeps by tinting their brows darker. On the other hand, tinting the brows lighter can enhance the beauty of a dark-skinned beauty significantly.
- When it comes to adding more definition to the facial structure, brow tinting is considered as an excellent choice. It makes the brows as well as the eyes more pronounced, thereby creating substantial facial symmetry.
- If you have changed or are planning to change your hair color drastically, you may like to rethink about your eyebrow color. Though your brow color doesn’t need to be perfectly matched with your hair color, tinting them will give you a more natural look indeed.
- If your brow hairs have started showing signs of aging and you are seeking a way to conceal it, tinting can be a good option for you. Instead of plucking the gray hairs, just color your brows and those troubled hairs will not look gray anymore.
- It is a simple, easy, and convenient technique that gives a well-groomed look instantly sans makeup.
How To Pick The Right Shade For Brow Tinting?
Before getting your eyebrows tinted, take enough time to choose the right shade that would go well with your skin tone and present hair color. Most popular choices are dark brown, black, taupe, chestnut, blonde, and gray. However, go only one or two shades darker or lighter than your natural brow color instead of going too dark or too light.
How To Tint Your Eyebrows At Home?
If you are ready to give DIY eyebrow tinting a shot, here is a simple step by step tutorial for you:
- Cleanse your eyebrows with a good makeup remover in order to get rid of dirt, dust, and makeup. Let it air dry completely.
- Brush your brows with a spoolie to arrange the hairs nicely.
- Apply a thin layer of petroleum jelly around the brows so that you do not end up staining the skin accidentally.
- Go through the user manual that has come with your eyebrow tinting kit and then, mix the dye and the developer according to the instructions provided. It should form a thick, creamy, and sticky paste.
- Apply the paste to one of your eyebrows with the help of the applicator available in your kit or a Q-tip. You can also make use of a spoolie in case it gives you more control. Start right from the denser part of the brow at the front and go all the way through to the outer thinner edge gradually.
- Repeat the step for the other eyebrow as well.
- Leave the dye for 5 to 10 minutes (based on your preference of color and intensity) on each of your eyebrows.
- Wipe it completely off your brows carefully by using a wet paper towel or cotton swab. Wash your face with plain water to get rid of excess dye (if any).
Pro Tips For Getting Your Brows Tinted Right
- Always do a patch test prior to getting your eyebrows tinted. It will prevent adverse effects.
- It is vital to give both of your eyebrows equal time for processing. Otherwise, the shades of the tinted brows will not match perfectly. So, keep a timer handy.
- Make sure that you have shaped your brows before tinting. It will give you the best results always.
So, are you ready for brow tinting?