Your facial muscles need exercise just as much as the rest of your body and facial exercises work just like regular muscle exercises.
In the older times when people were not privileged with the machines, they use to perform lot of physical activities on the daily basis like washing and cleaning or going to the river for a swim or filling water from the well or walking long distances in the absence of the machines. These all physical activities help them keep stay fit and keep their muscles tones thus keeping them healthy and good looking.
With the advent of machines and technologies most of our daily choirs are automatized and we become heavily dependent on the other devices for doing our daily chores. We use washing machines for washing our clothes. We drive automobiles for travelling long or short distances or we depend on our house maid for doing the house tasks etc.
Now a days fitness centers and few of the very urgent and necessary tasks are the only means to get you toned and keeping fit. Facial exercise fall in the same category to get you toned face and jaw line and younger looking face.
- One can achieve the smooth wrinkle free skin
- They are economical and available at free of cost
- They will help you get the right facelift without any surgical procedure
- They will help you achieve the youthful and ageless look
- They are appropriate for the people of all ages and gender
- They do not create wrinkles but rather remove them giving you the young look
- Whether it is the matter of double chins or droopy cheeks or puffy eyelids, facial exercises can help them reduce the symptoms if performed judiciously.
Facial exercises target different parts of the upper body portion like neck, throat, eyes, forehead, lips and cheeks. Let us discuss some of these exercises through in this article.
Neck and throat
Sit upright while tilting your head back on the chair and keeping your lips closed in a chewing or kiss position either moving or puckering them. You neck and throat area muscles will start working and they will get their portion of the exercises.
- Sit upright with your eyes closed and relaxed and look down and then up far as much as possible. Repeat this exercise 10 times and then do it with the eyes open too.
- Tone the muscles of your eyes by gently pressing the temple muscles near to the eye and opening and closing them frequently.
- Eyes can also be exercises by keeping them closed and stretching the eyelids down with lifting the eyebrows as far as you can.
- Frown as much as possible and bring your eyebrows over your eyes and then stretch them to their original position again. Repeat 10 times to get the maximum benefit
- Bring your eyebrows over your eyes and wrinkle your nose as far up as possible while flaring your nostrils. Count and repeat for 10 times.
- Sit upright with your face forward and purse your lips towards your nose and keep their them for 5 counts and then relax and repeat the process again for 5 times.
- Smile broadly while lips and teeth together and then bring the lips in the kiss position while keeping them in that position for few minutes. Hold them in this position for the count of 5 and then repeat for 5 times.
- Pucker and pout your lips using the muscle of your cheeks. Keep puckered for a count of 10 then repeat for 10 times.
- Have a relaxed smile and then suck in your cheeks towards your teeth and then release them after holding then for the count of 5. Repeat the process for 10 times.
- Blow the air under your upper lip and keep it there for a count of 5 times. Repeat the same process with the right ,left and bottom portion of your cheeks to exercise them.