Washing your hair is something you do everyday, so surely, you would want to do it perfectly?
Using the correct techniques of how to wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner can make a world of difference in your hair’s health, bounce and shine—but if you’re making some common mistakes, you could be damaging your lovely locks without even realizing it. So this time at Come And Glam, we have decided to bring to you right ways to wash hair and hair washing tips. Which also means that you can now say goodbye to your bad hair days. Follow these simple steps to get really shiny, healthy and bouncy hair.
How To Wash Your Hair With Shampoo And Conditioner?
1. Comb your hair : Begin by brushing your hair before you get into the shower. Not only with this help reduce the amount of hairs that get caught in your drain, but it will also reduce breakage as well as stimulate circulation in your scalp.
2. Soak your hair. It’s important that the hair is wet to make shampooing easy otherwise it won’t work. Use warm or cold water.
3. Shampoo your hair. Here comes the vital part. Always remember to pour a little amount first on your palms and dilute it with water. Start applying it thoroughly and massage until foam is formed. Remember NOT to rub the top part with your palm to avoid any tangling. While massaging, DON’T use your fingernails. Instead use your fingertips. The shampoo should not remain in contact for more than a minute.
4 . Massage your scalp. Start giving yourself a good two-minute scalp massage with your fingertips. Gently massage your head in circular motions and lift hair from time to time from the roots. After about every 20 seconds, add just a little bit more water to your hands, and work it into your hair. What you are doing is emulsifying your shampoo so that it can reach its potential and improving scalp circulation.
5. Rinse your hair. It’s important to ensure that no shampoo residue remains as this can dry the scalp out and create a flaky itchy scalp, it also leaves a greasy film.
6. Add conditioner. Gently squeeze the water out of your hair. Distribute the conditioner evenly through the hair using only your fingers. Allow conditioner to sit in your hair from one minute to five minutes, depending on hair condition.
- Never use a comb in the shower. It will pull on your hair and create more breakages in the long run.
7. Rinse, Again. Rinse the hair thoroughly ensuring no residue is left behind. To finish use cold water which will close the cuticles, resulting in shine and give your hair bounce. 7 Thoroughly dry your hair. When towel-drying never rub the hair as this will cause tangling and damage the cuticle of the hair.
8. Dry hair. Use a blow dryer or air dry. Air drying is better for you hair because blow dryers dry out your hair.
9. Style your hair. Put mousse or gel into your hair as anyone usually would to add style.