Give your coat a break, as ponchos will be your new favorite outerwear this winter!
One of the biggest and comfiest trends right now is the poncho! From over-sized fits, to turtle necks and ponchos with gorgeous cable knit detailing, there’s plenty for every style and occasion. The best thing? They are oh so warm and right on trend. So next time you steer away from embracing the poncho trend because you don’t know how to style it, check out our top tips below for all you need to know on how to wear a poncho this winter.
Style Tips on How To Wear A Poncho:
- Wearing poncho is all about creating a balance in volume. Team with fitting jeans or leggings for a flattering style. Add wedges, boots or heels to dress up the look.
- Avoid harem pants, baggy pants, and long flowing skirts.
- Keep the women’s top of the poncho as simple as possible. If you want to accessorise add a cuff or watch with a structured tote.
- Choose the poncho with the right materials for the perfect occasion. Opt for a thicker and more tailored fabric for the office and a wool blend for the weekend.
- Choose a poncho with a trendy print to add a little wow factor. Right now we are loving geometric and Aztec prints. Team with neutral coloured women’s pants and accessories.
That all ends today, though. The point of a poncho is that it’s universally flattering so no matter your height or body type, it’ll look good on you.