We recently got our hands on the brand new Skin Foundation Cushion Compact by Bobbi Brown. With so many beauty brands releasing their own version of the cushion compact,
it can sometimes get a little overwhelming to decide which to choose from. But when we heard that Bobbi Brown was coming out with a cushion compact, we could hardly contain our excitement.
Review : Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Cushion Compact
If you’re interested in what’s in there, here’s the ingredient list
Things We liked: After using it, we have narrowed down to the things we love most about Bobbi Brown’s Skin Foundation Cushion Compact:
- The Skin Foundation Cushion Compact by Bobbi Brown offers SPF50 and PA+++ sun protection. That’s awesome but we still recommend using proper everyday sunscreen before applying this foundation.
- The cushion is not pre-soaked like most of the other cushion foundation out there. Apparently the cushion floats above the foundation and there is a little hole in the middle that when pressed, some of the foundation seeps out. This allows you to control how much or how little foundation you want.
The sponge is smooth, soft, and bouncy; the way it works, it absorbs whatever product you take and delivers the right amount every time you pat it on your skin.
- It’s a little creamier than most cushion foundation than we’re used to but it does give the dewy glow that most women want.
- The Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Cushion Compact gives minimal coverage, which makes it perfect for everyday use but it’s also buildable. So, if you’re looking for full coverage then just keep on patting on more.
- It evens out your skin tone even though coverage is minimal.
- There are only six shades in this range; seems too few considering that counterpart brands offer 8 to even 11 shades, but the magic here is all the shades have yellow undertones, therefore despite the small selection, a certain shade can match a variety of skin tones; FYI, yellow is a universal undertone!
Things We didn’t liked: Pricey, Low coverage, Scented, Texture is a bit creamy and feels a little heavy on my skin, Cushion does not come pre-soaked and may not sit well with everyone, Refill does not come with a cover as that’s attached to the case
The Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Cushion Compact (RM185) comes in Porcelain, Extra Light, Light, Light to Medium, Medium & Medium to Dark.