Strong hair are indicators of good health!
It is one of the most frequently asked questions I hear… How do I grow my hair out and have it healthy? For years people have sought out how to achieve a healthy, strong, full head of hair.
So here are five tips for healthy hair:
1. Do not wash your hair every day. If you do, your hair will be stripped of the natural oils it produces which protect your hair. Stripping these natural oils will cause your hair to become dry, frizzy, and more susceptible to breakage. Instead wash it every other day, and avoid using scolding hot water which dries out your hair. The colder the water, the better.
2. Avoid brushing your hair when it is wet. When your hair is soaking wet, it is weaker, and more fragile, meaning it is more prone to breakage. Of course not brushing your hair when it is wet can be impossible at times, so when you do brush it wet use a wide tooth comb instead of a brush. And be very gentle with tangles instead of vigorously brushing through them.
3. Always use a heat protectant when using a flat iron, curling iron, or blow dryer. Heat damage is the leading cause of damaged, unhealthy hair.
4. Use a boar bristle brush when your hair is dry. This brush distributes your hairs natural oils along the hair shafts and creates a smooth, shiny looking finish.
5. Biotin is highly recommended for hair growth…. It is a B-complex vitamin that can be found in both supplement and food form. Biotin is vital to cell proliferation, which is why it is a valuable key in hair growth. When you ingest it, biotin reacts with cell enzymes and plays a vital part in producing amino acids, which are the building blocks of protein. Hair itself consists of keratin, which is a form of protein. Therefore, consuming foods that contain biotin helps to contribute to hair growth.