- Under-eye bags- Avoid salty foods at night like chips or french fries and sleep with your head slightly raised. Salty foods make you retain water and can cause puffy eyes. Quick tip – Place a metal spoon in the freezer for 10 minutes. Then place the back of the spoon under your eyes and hold for a few moments. The cool temperatures help constrict blood vessels, while the pressure of the spoon moves excess fluid.
- Wash your face- Wash before you go to bed and when you wake up. Taking care of your skin is the number one key to looking good without makeup. Instead of spending money on expensive make up, invest in a good facial cleaner that will suit your skin.
- Exfoliate- Exfoliating your skin is the first step to getting rid of deal cells that clog your pores. You should exfoliate once or twice a week. It will help your skin look young and fresh without the use of any make up trick – plus it makes your skin feel really smooth.
- Moisturize– You need to moisturize to keep and lock in moisture to avoid rough and dry skin. Apply it daily after washing your face to give your face a natural shine and glow. It’s crucial to use a morning moisturizer containing SPF. For those who are prone to pimples, a moisturizer that is light and non-oily is best. Dryer skin types should apply a heavier moisturizer with soothing, nourishing ingredients like shea-butter or aloe-vera.
- Drink your water- Not drinking enough water will make your skin look dull, dry and aged. Water is used by your body to hydrate the skin and filter your cells; so you need to drink pure water to make that filtering as effective as possible. Drinking an adequate amount of water will also flush toxins and other impurities from your face. Drink water regularly through the day. Quick tip – Throw fruit, lemon or cucumber in your water, it’s crazy how much more you’ll drink!
- Curl your eyelashes- Take a minute and curl your eyelashes. That simple touch can make you feel very feminine and,make your eyes look wider. If you want that little extra ump, you don’t need to apply coats and coats of mascara; instead, make your eyelashes appear thicker and darker by applying a coat of Vaseline, then combing them through with an eyelash brush.
- Put some color on your cheeks- A simple touch can give you that healthy and beautiful appearance. Sweep a touch of bronzer on your face and then a little extra on your cheekbones. This creates a warm and youthful glow. With a small eye shadow brush, dab some blush on your cheekbones, which will give you instant rosy cheeks.
- Keep lips looking smooth- Smooth, full lips are much more attractive than dry, cracked ones. Find the perfect match of a tinted lip moisturizer or SPF lip balm that will still add a little color but still look natural.
Though it may be easier said than done, incorporating a few of these steps into your everyday routine will enhance your natural beauty. Not only will you save money on makeup, you will have more quality time around your house, finish up on your recorded episodes of the Real Housewives or start that herb garden you’ve always wanted to plant!