When you are born with curls, waves, or coils, you know first hand that the fight against frizz is a daily struggle. Lucky for you, there are tips to manage frizz once and for all.Follow these strategies and see for yourself.
1. Stop Stripping Your Curls!
It’s time to start using a curl-friendly cleanser. Look for a gentle cleanser to help curls look luscious instead of thirsty.
2. See A Stylist, Pronto
Damaged, scraggly ends make your hair look like a frizzy mess. A fresh trim can quickly clean up your style, but be picky. You’ll get the best shape if you book an appointment with a pro who is experienced with caring for textured, curly hair.
3. Deep Condition Your Hair
Give yourself a five-minute deep conditioning treatment with heat to seal in hydration. All you need to do is mix a few drops of warm jojoba or olive oil with a conditioner (Wavy hair types should avoid the root area.) Why it helps: Curls are naturally dry and porous, soaking up excess moisture in the air. That’s one reason your hair can get so big and frizzy on a rainy or humid day! But, keep your curls regularly moisturized with deep treatments, and they’ll thank you.
4. Learn to Love Oils
Wavy, curly and coiled textures can lock in hydration with the help of extra conditioner and plant oils. After you cleanse and condition your hair, rinse and reapply a thin layer of conditioner or a leave-in product. Detangle and blot dry with a soft towel or old T-shirt—gentle fabrics won’t be as rough on your curls. Before styling, apply an oil that suits your hair texture.
5. Invest in Good Tools
The right tools make a huge difference when trying to tame curly frizz. Here’s what every curl girl needs in her kit:
• Soft T-shirt: Regular terry cloth towels have loops that can snag hair, which might lead to frizzy-looking locks. Try blotting-dry your curls with a gentle fabric, like an old cotton T-shirt.
• Diffuser: When you don’t have time to air-dry, a diffuser attachment paired with an ionic blow dryer are the next best thing. They help keep your curls smooth and defined.
• Wide tooth comb: Look for a detangling comb made from a pliable material to avoid unnecessary tugging.
• Smoothing brush: No cheap bristles! Choose a quality natural boar bristle brush that will help smooth curls without causing friction or damage.
6. Lock in a Solid Hair Regimen
Now put it all together! The secret to gorgeous curls is a great hair care routine. Stick to the steps in this plan and your curls can look more bouncy and smooth.
1.Condition: Curls need deep moisture treatments at least once a week.
2. Seal in moisture: Use the combo of conditioner and oil to help stop frizz in its tracks.
3. Style: Get the right tools and be careful with heat.